- What Personal Data we collect
- Why we collect such Personal Data
- The use of such Personal Data
- The storage, sharing and protection of such Personal Data
Definition of Terms
For the purpose of this Policy:
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Automatic Information collection: We may automatically collect Information upon your engagement with us or our Platforms through your computer, mobile phones, forms, documents made available to us and other access devices. The information sent includes, but is not limited to, data about our pages you access, geo-location information; statistics on page views; traffic to and from our Platforms.
- Information from downloads: When you download or use our digital Platforms or access our site, we may receive non-personal information from your mobile device about your location, number of downloads, geolocation of downloads. You may disable your location in the settings menu of the device.
- Physically or Digitally Provided Personal Data:We may collect and process your Personal Data when you create and/or update your account on our Platform; complete forms, questionnaires, surveys etc. We may also collect Personal Data from the information you provide to us through documents, letters, e-mail, agreements, correspondence, ID cards, passports, or through any other means by which you wilfully provide information to us. When you use Esportcave Services, we may also collect Personal Data about your transactions and your activities. In addition, when you open an account on our Platform, we may collect Personal Data such as your contact information, which includes your name, address, phone number, email or other similar information; financial information such as your full bank account numbers and/or credit card or debit card numbers.
- Third Parties: We may also receive your Personal Data from third parties such as, guardians, financial institutions, identity verification services, vendors, and service providers etc.
- Social Media: We also receive Personal Data through your engagements with us on social media sites (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc). This includes but are not limited to your replies to our posts, your comments, enquiries, messages to us, etc. We may also collect Personal Data from your public profile and updates on social media.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- provide services and customer support;
- process transactions, payment requests, and send notices about transactions
- create an account with us for the provision or use of our services
- communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information or request feedback about features on our website and applications or changes to our policies
- send you periodic emails and updates pertaining to our products and services
- verify customers’ identity, including during account creation and password reset processes
- manage your account and provide you with efficient customer service;
- send you offers and promotions for our services and investment opportunities
- resolve disputes, process payments and troubleshoot problems
- detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- manage risks, or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud, violation of policies and applicable user agreements or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- execute our contractual obligations to you
- improve our services and functionality by customizing user experience
- measure the performance of our services and improve their content and layout
- manage and protect our information technology infrastructure
- provide targeted marketing and advertising, provide service or transaction update notices, and deliver promotional offers based on communication preferences
- obtain a means by which we may contact you either by telephone, text (SMS), email messaging, social media, etc
- conduct background checks, compare information for accuracy and verify same with third parties
- comply with legal, contractual and regulatory obligations
- execute your specific requests or use same for a specific purpose as you may instruct
- investigate and respond to your complaints or enquiries
- process your access to our services, Platforms, or functions from time to time
LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- To perform a contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract
- If we have your consent for specific processing of your Personal Data for one or more specific purposes
- To use your Personal Data in our business interest to enable us to give you the best services
- For the performance of a task or function carried out in the interest of the public
- When it is required for the protection of your vital interests.
STORAGE AND PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
- Right to access your Personal Data being held by us. Request for such information may be sent to [*].
- Right to request that your Personal Data be made available to you in an electronic format or that it should be sent to a third party (Kindly note that we have the right to decline such request if it is too frequent, unreasonable, and likely to cause the substantial cost to us. In any event, we will communicate the reason for our refusal);
- Right to rectify any inaccurate, incomplete Personal Data. As such, if you discover any inaccuracy in your Personal Data, kindly notify us promptly and provide us with documentary evidence to enable us to update the requisite changes.
- Right to withdraw consent for the processing of your Personal Data, provided that such withdrawal shall not invalidate any processing hitherto done based on the consent previously given by you;
- Restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Data provided that we may be compelled to process your Personal Data where required under law, regulatory authorities, or court of law.
- Right to request that your Personal Data be deleted. We may however continue to retain the information where required under law, contract, regulatory authorities, or court of law.
DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL DATA
- Members of Esportcave to provide joint content, products and services (such as registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services, and communications. Members of the group will use this Personal Data to send you marketing communications and opportunities only if you have requested their services.
- Credit bureaus and collection agencies to report account or credit information, as permitted by law.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to Esportcave or one of its agents; when we need to do so to comply with law; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of Personal Data is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- Fraud Prevention and Risk Management: to help prevent fraud or assess and manage risk.
- Customer Service: for customer service purposes, including to help service your accounts or resolve disputes.
- Legal Compliance: to help them comply with anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing verification requirements.
- Service Providers: to enable service providers under contract with us to support our business operations, such as fraud prevention, marketing, customer service and technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your Personal Data in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
CROSS-BORDER TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
PERIOD OF STORAGE
DATA BREACH / VIOLATION
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: (+234) 903-985-7531